1 Peter 4:8
And above all things be earnest in your love among yourselves, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Alternate Versions of 1 Peter 4-8
- A Conservative Version: 1 Peter 4:8
- And above all having fervent love for yourselves, because love will cover a multitude of sins,
- American Standard Version: 1 Peter 4:8
- above all things being fervent in your love among yourselves; for love covereth a multitude of sins:
- Bible in Basic English: 1 Peter 4:8
- And most of all be warm in your love for one another; because in love there is forgiveness for sins without number:
- Darby English Bible: 1 Peter 4:8
- but before all things having fervent love among yourselves, because love covers a multitude of sins;
- King James Version: 1 Peter 4:8
- And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
- King James Version (UK): 1 Peter 4:8
- And above all things have fervent love among yourselves for love shall cover the multitude of sins.
- Youngs Literal Translation: 1 Peter 4:8
- and, before all things, to one another having the earnest love, because the love shall cover a multitude of sins;
Verses Related to 1 Peter 4-8
- Proverbs 10:12
- Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all wrongs.
- Proverbs 12:16
- A fool shows his annoyance the same day, But one who overlooks an insult is prudent.
- Proverbs 17:9
- He who covers an offense promotes love; But he who repeats a matter separates best friends.
- Proverbs 18:13
- He who gives answer before he hears, That is folly and shame to him.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud,
- 1 Corinthians 13:7
- bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- 1 Corinthians 13:8
- Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with.
- 1 Corinthians 14:1
- Follow after love, and earnestly desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
- Colossians 3:14
- Above all these things, walk in love, which is the bond of perfection.