1 John 3:3
Everyone who has this hope set on him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
Alternate Versions of 1 John 3-3
- A Conservative Version: 1 John 3:3
- And every man who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as that man is pure.
- American Standard Version: 1 John 3:3
- And every one that hath this hope `set' on him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
- Bible in Basic English: 1 John 3:3
- And everyone who has this hope in him makes himself holy, even as he is holy.
- Darby English Bible: 1 John 3:3
- And every one that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as *he* is pure.
- King James Version: 1 John 3:3
- And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
- King James Version (UK): 1 John 3:3
- And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
- Youngs Literal Translation: 1 John 3:3
- and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure.
Verses Related to 1 John 3-3
- Matthew 5:48
- Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
- Luke 6:36
- Therefore be merciful, Even as your Father is also merciful.
- Acts 15:9
- He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.
- 2 Corinthians 7:1
- Having therefore these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- Colossians 1:5
- because of the hope which is laid up for you in the heavens, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the Gospel,
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16
- Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,
- Titus 3:7
- that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Hebrews 6:18
- that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have a strong encouragement, who have fled for refuge to take hold of the hope set before us.
- Hebrews 7:26
- For such a high priest was fitting for us: holy, guiltless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;