1 Corinthians 7:38
So then both he who gives his own virgin in marriage does well, and he who doesn't give her in marriage does better.
Alternate Versions of 1 Corinthians 7-38
- A Conservative Version: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- And therefore he who gives in marriage does well, but he who does not give in marriage does better.
- American Standard Version: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- So then both he that giveth his own virgin `daughter' in marriage doeth well; and he that giveth her not in marriage shall do better.
- Bible in Basic English: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- So then, he who gets married to his virgin does well, and he who keeps her unmarried does better.
- Darby English Bible: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- So that he that marries himself does well; and he that does not marry does better.
- King James Version: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.
- King James Version (UK): 1 Corinthians 7:38
- So then he that gives her in marriage does well; but he that gives her not in marriage does better.
- Youngs Literal Translation: 1 Corinthians 7:38
- so that both he who is giving in marriage doth well, and he who is not giving in marriage doth better.
Verses Related to 1 Corinthians 7-38
- 1 Corinthians 7:1
- Now concerning the things about which you wrote to me: it is good for a man not to touch a woman.
- 1 Corinthians 7:2
- But, because of sexual immoralities, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
- 1 Corinthians 7:8
- But I say to the unmarried and to widows, it is good for them if they remain even as I am.
- 1 Corinthians 7:26
- I think that it is good therefore, because of the distress that is on us, that it is good for a man to be as he is.
- 1 Corinthians 7:32
- But I desire to have you to be free from cares. He who is unmarried is concerned for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
- 1 Corinthians 7:37
- But he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own heart, to keep his own virgin, does well.
- Hebrews 13:4
- Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the bed be undefiled: but God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers.