1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud,
Alternate Versions of 1 Corinthians 13-4
- A Conservative Version: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love is patient and is kind. Love does not envy. Love does not brag, and is not puffed up.
- American Standard Version: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love suffereth long, `and' is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
- Bible in Basic English: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride;
- Darby English Bible: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love has long patience, is kind; love is not emulous [of others]; love is not insolent and rash, is not puffed up,
- King James Version: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
- King James Version (UK): 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up,
- Youngs Literal Translation: 1 Corinthians 13:4
- The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up,
Verses Related to 1 Corinthians 13-4
- Genesis 30:1
- When Rachel saw that she bore Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister. She said to Jacob, "Give me children, or else I will die."
- Genesis 37:11
- His brothers envied him; but his father kept this saying in mind.
- Nehemiah 9:17
- and refused to obey, neither were mindful of your wonders that you did among them, but hardened their neck, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage. But you are a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness, and didn't forsake them.
- Psalms 10:5
- His ways are prosperous at all times; He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight: As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
- Proverbs 10:12
- Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all wrongs.
- Proverbs 13:10
- Pride only breeds quarrels, But with ones who take advice is wisdom.
- Proverbs 17:14
- The beginning of strife is like breaching a dam, Therefore stop contention before quarreling breaks out.